Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Monday, so let's make a TASTY & SIMPLE Meal


Here is a great simple meal I just came up with for tonight's dinner. I am very happy with myself, since I do not consider myself much of a cook, and I have to admit it tastes pretty good. YEAH!!! I hope you try it too.

This is what you will need:
  • One bag of brown rice
  • One Bag of a frozen Vegetable Medley - I used Green Giant Steamers
  • 1 long link of cooked sausage / thawed out and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
  • Italian Dressing 1/2 cup - 1 cup
  • 1/2 cup of water
Once you thaw out your sausage and cut them into pieces,  place them into a large stir fry skillet, turn the skillet to Med High and put the dressing and water in.

Once rice is cooked separately, then add rice into the pan with sausage mix. There should be some dressing still in the pan, so the rice will soak up the flavor of the dressing - YUM!!!! Then, I microwaved the vegetables seperately and added them to the skillet once they were cooked. I let it simmer on low for about 5 minutes, then serve when everyone is ready to eat dinner!!!!

Let me know if you have any simple and quick recipes.  E-mail me with a photo and recipe to gl4moms@aol.com

This should serve between 4-5 people. - ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment